Reservations are not required to visit the museum. However, reservations are required for groups and those coming by chartered bus. See below for details.
9:30 am – 4:30 pm (last entry 4:00 pm)
Thursdays (except on holidays, during the month of August, December 28, 2023 and January 4, 2024), between exhibitions, on January 1 and during the winter break (January 10 to March 23, 2023).
On-line ticket same-day, on-site tickets General ¥1,500 ¥1,800 Seniors (70 and above) ¥1,200 ¥1,500 High school and university students ¥700 ¥1,000 Elementary and junior school students ¥500 ¥800 General On-line ticket¥1,500same-day, on-site tickets ¥1,800 Seniors (70 and above) On-line ticket¥1,200same-day, on-site tickets ¥1,500 High school and university students On-line ticket¥700same-day, on-site tickets ¥1,000 Elementary and junior school students On-line ticket¥500same-day, on-site tickets ¥800
The admission fee is required even when accessing the Cafe d’Art and Museum Shop only.
- If you are purchasing a student or senior (age 70 and over) ticket, please show a valid student ID card or proof of age, respectively when you enter the museum at the ticket booth on the day of your visit.
- Upon presentation of a disability certificate at the ticket booth, a disabled person and up to one accompanying person may each purchase a same-day general admission ticket for half the normal price.
The following visitors may enter the museum free of charge.
- Hara Museum ARC members.
- Preschool children.
- Gunma prefectural elementary and junior high school students on Saturdays during the school term.
- Students at the university or lower level on October 28, Gunma Prefectural Citizens’ Day.
About Advance Online Tickets
Advance online tickets purchased on this site are for a specific date. Please make your purchase by 9:00 a.m. on the day of your visit. There is no time restriction. You may enter the museum at any time between 9:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on the day of your visit.
- No cancellations (refunds) will be made after 9:00 a.m. on the day of your visit.
- Ticket purchases after 9:00 a.m. on the day of your visit should be made at the museum ticket booth.
- Other discounts will not be accepted when purchasing advance online tickets.
- Visitors coming by car will be asked to present the QR code on their tickets before getting out of the car.
Please confirm that the number of tickets matches the number of people in the car. If your party is coming in more than one car, please purchase tickets to match the number of persons in each car. Up to 10 tickets may be purchased at a time.
We ask that groups make reservations in advance to allow us to keep track of the number of visitors and the number of buses to expect.
*Please note that depending on the bookings already made, a reservation on a desired date may not be possible. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Fax: 0279-24-0449
Requests to Visitors
To create a safe and secure environment for the enjoyment of art, we ask that visitors abide by the rules listed below. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Do not touch the artwork on display.
- Do not use cameras or cellphones to photograph in areas with the “No Photography” pictogram.
- Photographing for commercial purposes is not allowed without prior permission.
- Do not eat, drink or talk on cellphones in the exhibition rooms.
- Do not use ballpoint pens, fountain pens or other writing instruments that use ink.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in museum.
- The use of toys is not allowed anywhere in the museum.
- Dogs, cats and other pets are not allowed inside the museum.
- Do not bring umbrellas or oversized hand luggage into the exhibition rooms. (Please make use of the umbrella stands, coin-refundable lockers or baggage storage service at the Information Desk.)
- Those who bring beverages in PET bottles should keep them stored in a plastic bag.
Regarding all other matters, please follow the instructions of the museum staff.
For Visitors Using Wheelchairs
- Hara Museum ARC is a barrier-free facility.
- Wheelchairs can be used inside the museum, Café d’Art, and the Museum Shop.
- Wheelchair-accessible restrooms are located inside the museum and in the Café d’Art.
- Two wheelchairs are available to be lent out.
- Five parking spaces are available for those with physical disabilities.
For Visitors with Small Children
- Small children should be held by the hand while inside the museum.
- Baby strollers are allowed within the museum, Cafe d’Art and Museum Shop.
- Diaper-changing stations are available in the women’s and wheelchair-accessible restrooms.
Regarding Sketching at Hara Museum ARC
- Sketching is allowed at the museum and on the museum grounds, but under applicable conditions. Please inquire at the Information Counter on the day of your visit.
← Café d’Art
- 1：Contemporary Art Gallery A
- 2：Contemporary Art Gallery B
- 3：Contemporary Art Gallery C
- 5：Museum Shop
- 6：Locker / Toilets and wheelchair-accessible toilet
- 7：Open-view Storage
- 8：Kankai Pavilion