11:00 am – 5:00 pm, Wednesdays until 8:00 pm (5:00 pm if a national holiday) (last entry 30 min. before closing)
On Mondays (or the following Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday), between exhibitions and during the New Year’s holiday
*The museum is closed from July 29 (Friday), 2019 until August 9 (Friday), 2019 and December 26 (Thursday), 2019 until January 3 (Friday), 2020.
General 1,100 yen / Students 700 yen [high school and university] / 500 yen [elementary and junior high school]
Seniors 550 yen (70 and over with ID)
Free for Hara Museum members and students through high school every Saturday during the school term. 100 yen discount per person for groups of 20 or more.
* Half -price for visitors with a Japanese Physical Disability ID and free for one caregiver.
* Museum admission is required to enter the museum shop or cafe.
- Parking Lot
Parking: Free parking for up to six cars is available.
- 3：Museum Shop
- 4：Locker / Toilets and universal access toilet
- 5：Gallery I
- 6：Gallery II
- 7：Café d’Art
- 9：The Hall
- 10：Courtyard Garden
- 1：Gallery III
- 2：Gallery IV
- 3：Gallery V
Barrier Free Information
Please note that because the Hara Museum building was originally a personal residence built in 1938, certain aspects such as uneven surfaces and stairways do not meet barrier-free standards.
For Wheelchair Users
- A wheelchair-accessible toilet is located on the first floor.
- All efforts will be made to provide assistance at the museum entrance (to provide a ramp, etc.).
Please note that depending on staff availability, assistance may not be immediately provided.
- The second floor is reached by staircase only (there is no elevator).
For Visitors with Small Children
- A diaper-changing table is available in the wheelchair-accessible toilet on the first floor.
- Baby strollers are not allowed within the museum or Café d’Art. They may be left at the reception counter.
- Small children should be held by the hand while inside the museum.